How to create a plan viewer | Module 3 | Units
Once you've drawn all the floors, go back to the dashboard and click on Units. You can also notice that the number of floors is now stated correctly.
The unit module now contains all the floors previously created in the exterior module. Click on Add unit in your first floor.
You can also import a CSV file containing all your units for quicker upload. We provide a template with proper nomenclature that you must follow in order for Planpoint to interpret your data.
Download the Excel template here
Once you've added any number of units, you can click on the editing icon (fifth from the left). You will be able to edit the unit's basic information:
- The Unit number is your internal referral number. It can be numerical or alphanumerical.
- The Model number is the unit's model layout. A particular model can reappear on the same floor or on different floors. In such instance, simply writing the model number in this field will automatically fill up the area, number of bedrooms, price and availability fields.
- The Area is the square footage of this particular plan. You decide wether to show net or gross area.
- The Bedrooms field is a simple dropdown choice.
- The Price number is the unit's price. For sales, you would enter the full list price (before or after tax is your choice). For rentals, you would enter the monthly rent amount.
- The Availability field is a simple dropdown choice between Available, Sold and Reserved. A sold unit cannot be clicked on in the plan viewer.
Once you've filled up all fields, click Save. Repeat this process for all the project's units.
The unit menu contains several other features that you can access with the icons on the right:
- The first icon is for uploading an image gallery for this specific unit. For example, you could show interior renderings or exterior drone views.
- The second icon is for embedding a 3D virtual visit. You can simply copy-paste code from Kuula or other virtual visit providers.
- The third icon is for uploading the PDF version of the unit's plan layout. This PDF will be downloadable by the end-user.
- The fourth icon is for uploading a JPG or PNG version of the unit's plan layout. This image will be shown in the plan viewer but is not downloadable.
- The fifth icon lets you edit the Unit number, the Model number, the sqft. Area, the number of Bedrooms, the Price and the Availability.
A very important time-saver feature is the Multi-select content ability. This special action lets you apply many images, unit layouts in JPEG, unit layouts in PDF and embedded code (for 3D visits and videos) to many units at once.
Keep in mind that you can always preview your work in progress by clicking on the Code icon.